|Year of Entry||2018|
|Mode of Funding||Government funded|
Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering (options: BEng Architectural Engineering, BEng Civil Engineering, BSc Surveying)
|Mode of Study||Full time|
|Indicative Intake Target||
JUPAS and non-JUPAS government-funded places : 109
Direct Application Places (Local Students) :
6 for the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
Non-Local Students Places : Please click here for details.
|Normal Duration of Programme||4 years|
|Tuition Fee||Click here for more information|
|Direct/Non-JUPAS Application Deadline||
4 Jan 2018 (Local & Non-local)
The Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering is one of the founding departments of City University of Hong Kong. The Department offers professional education at both undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels. Our programmes are academically rigorous and professionally focused. Adopting an inter-disciplinary approach, our programmes are delivered by a professional team that includes civil and structural engineers, building services engineers, construction engineers, material technologists, environmental scientists, architects, urban planners and building and quantity surveyors. Our graduates are therefore uniquely placed to serve the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry.
The AEC industry in Hong Kong is flourishing. Infrastructure and building developments, and the maintenance and refurbishment of existing facilities, have contributed to Hong Kong's growing economy. There are notable opportunities for innovations and career development. In addition to the Hong Kong market, the local AEC industry can expect to participate actively in the international markets, including the People’s Republic of China. The Department has established close collaborations with universities and professional bodies both locally and internationally.
The introduction of four-year university education offers a platform for the implementation of a discovery-enriched curriculum. Directed towards an outcome-based teaching and learning paradigm, together with excellence in applied research, the Department pledges to succeed in its mission of ‘Meeting the world’s challenges – Build tomorrow, create the future’.
The Department offers the following majors/Associate Degree:
Applicants to this programme (admission code: 1201) will be considered for admission to first-year studies at the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering. Students will enter a major (current major options: Architectural Engineering; Civil Engineering; Surveying) after one year of study. The top 40% of students# will have a free choice of majors offered by the Department. The other 60% of students will be allocated a major within the Department, subject to the availability of places and the selection criteria set by individual majors.
# based on CGPA with no failed grades and completion of at least 30 credit units including College/Department required courses
Applicants seeking advanced standing entry can submit an application for the following programmes:
Click here for the qualifications eligible for advanced standing entry.
To be considered for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements.
Common Year Curriculum
|GE||GE English / EAP (6 CUs)||• GE1401 University English (3 CUs); and
• Discipline-specific English (3 CUs)
|College Specified GE Courses (9 CUs)||College Specified GE courses for normative four year degree:
|Any GE Courses (3 CUs)||Take any GE Course (3 CUs) from the following:
• GE1501 Chinese
• GE courses from the distributional areas:
Area 1: Arts and Humanities
Area 2: Study of Societies, Social and Business Organisations
Area 3: Science and Technology
|Courses specified by CSE Departments (6 CUs)||• CA1166 Professionals and Society (3 CU)
• CA1167 Engineering Communication (3 CU)
|College Requirements (Science Courses) (6 CUs)||Choose two from the following three subject areas:
• AP1201 General Physics I
• BCH1100 Chemistry
• BCH1200 Discovery in Biology
|Total No. of CUs||30|