Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) is an admission scheme and the main route of application designed to assist local students with Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination results (past and/or current) to apply for admission to University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded full-time Bachelor's degree and Higher Diploma programmes offered by the eight JUPAS participating-institutions, the self-financing full-time Bachelor's degree programmes offered by Hong Kong Metropolitan University, and SSSDP full-time Bachelor's degree programmes offered by the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP) institutions.

Step 1: Check your eligibility to apply through JUPAS

You are eligible to apply through JUPAS if

  • you are a local school applicant sitting the HKDSE Examination in the current year; or
  • you are a local non-school applicant and you wish to apply for admission on the strength of your HKDSE Examination results.

You are NOT eligible to apply through JUPAS if you are currently enrolled in a full-time bachelor’s degree programme offered under JUPAS, regardless of whether you wish to apply for admission on the strength of your HKDSE Examination results.

In accordance with the HKSAR Government's policy, only applicants with valid documentation confirming they are LOCAL applicants can apply via JUPAS.

For more information, please visit the JUPAS website.

Step 2: Check which JUPAS programmes at CityU you can apply for

You can apply for Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by CityU.

HKDSE students must apply for admission to first-year studies in a Bachelor's degree programme. Depending on the programme, students are either admitted directly to a major in the first year or admitted to a college/school/department with an undeclared major (enter a major after one year of study). For more details, click here.

If you have applied for admission through JUPAS, you should NOT submit another application to the University for admission to any programme offered under JUPAS. Any such direct application to the University will not be considered and any application fee paid will NOT be refunded. 

Step 3: Check the entrance requirements

Click here to check the minimum entrance requirements for HKDSE students.

Step 4: How to apply

All local applicants (school and non-school applicants) who wish to apply for admission on the strength of their HKDSE Examination results MUST apply via JUPAS.

Step 5: How will your application be considered?

The information that applicants submit via the JUPAS Office is sent to CityU on a regular basis. We also receive examination results from the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority via JUPAS. We use this information to determine whether applicants meet the entrance requirements of our programmes. Various types of admissions score are then calculated to facilitate the selection of applicants for admission.

Interviews are usually conducted during the period from May to July. For details of the interview arrangements, please click HERE. The selection of students for interview is primarily based on their application information (e.g. band choices, exam results [if available], Other Experiences and Achievements in Competitions/Activities [OEA] and School Reference Reports).

For applicants with a student record at CityU, their previous study records may also be considered.

Step 6: Check the offer results

The Main Round offer results for 2023 entry will be announced on 9 August 2023 (tentative). The offer you receive in the Main Round is the best offer possible. If you receive an offer in the Main Round, please follow the instructions issued by JUPAS Office to confirm your acceptance of the admission offer.


Need more information?