|Academic Year of Entry||2023/24|
|Mode of Funding||Government funded|
Department of Economics and Finance (options: BBA Business Economics, BBA Finance)
|Mode of Study||Full time|
|Indicative Intake Target||
Local Places : click here (for JUPAS and non-JUPAS)
Non-local Places : click here
|Normal Duration of Programme||4 Years|
|Tuition Fee||Click here for more information|
Dr HUANG Qianqian
PhD - Business Administration (The University of Iowa)
BBA Business Economics provides solid training in economic strategies for improving business operations, government policies and economic forecasting. Students are open for a wide range of career options, e.g. corporate strategist, management consultant, economist, private banker, investment advisor.
BBA Finance provides rigorous training in asset valuation, portfolio and risk management, derivative securities, global investment and quantitative methods. The programme prepares you for key financial management positions in business and government sectors.
Graduates are ready to develop career as corporate strategist, management consultant, economist, private banker, investment advisor and key financial management positions in business and government sectors.
Financial / Insurance : 50%Business Service / Real Estate : 30%
Transport, Storage and Communications : 4%
Applicants to this programme (admission code: 1012) will be considered for admission to first-year studies at the Department of Economics and Finance. Students will enter a major (current major options: Business Economics; Finance) after one year of study. The top 40% of students# will have a free choice of majors offered by the Department. The other 60% of students will be allocated a major within the Department, subject to the availability of places and the selection criteria set by individual majors.
# based on CGPA with no failed grades and completion of at least 30 credit units including College/Department required courses
Applicants eligible for advanced standing entry may submit an application to the following programmes:
• BBA Business Economics (admission code: 1078A)
• BBA Finance (admission code: 1080A)
Click here for the qualifications eligible for advanced standing entry.
To be considered for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements.
For details of the programme’s curriculum structure, please visit the 'Undergraduate Catalogue'
(Note: The catalogue for the 2021 cohort is for reference only. The 2022 catalogue will be published around July 2022.)
BBA Business Economics students are eligible to apply for the following joint degree programmes:
Rotman International Trading Competition
The Rotman International Trading Competition (RITC) is an annual event that brings teams of students and their faculty advisors from universities worldwide to participate in a unique 3-day simulated market challenge at University of Toronto in Canada. Teams are invited to participate in various activities including electronic and outcry trading cases, seminars with industry practitioners, and social events with their fellow competitors from around the world. For more details, please visit http://ritc.rotman.utoronto.ca/
Inter-University Algo Trading Contest
The contest invites students from renowned universities in Hong Kong and Mainland China to create and test the algo trading strategies. It serves as an ideal platform to transfer industry knowledge and skills to university students. It was initiated with the vision to identify and nurture algo trading talents at top universities; create a platform to access real life trading; and provide top performers with potential career opportunities / startup capital. For more details, please visit http://algocontest.cashalgo.com/
Overseas Summer Programmes
Students may participate in English immersion courses, which include components such as volunteer placements, homestays and cultural activities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA. Service Learning participants also provide voluntary services in less developed areas such as the Philippines, Thailand, Mongolia, Sri Lanka and Laos.
Young Scholars Programme
To nurture BBA students to become outstanding future leaders in the region/world, our Young Scholars Programme offers the following: